Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Jodi!!!

Being the dutiful younger brother, Trey quickly pointed out this morning that I was now the mother of three adult children. What? That sounds old! But it is true. Today, I officially have three adult children, three dependent adults but, God bless them, three adult children all the same.

Today we celebrate our “little tiny baby”, Jodi Alexander!! She is eighteen, old enough to buy lottery tickets and cigarettes! UGH! I hope she doesn’t do either; however, the fact that she is old enough to consider both is a miracle. She was early, fourteen weeks in fact, entering with style and certainly with drama. (Hmmm…was this an indication of things to come or what? HA!) She weighed one pound eleven and half ounces and was twelve and half inches long. You could see through her skin and no cartilage in her ears. She had a dislocated hip that would need surgery.


The doctors were not sure she would live. If she lived, they weren’t sure she would be able walk. And school… they told us not to expect much. But that is exactly what we did. We expected much! We prayed and we prayed and we prayed some more. And oh boy, did God answer, she not only walks she dances. And school…she is a member of the Honor Society. So here’s to you my dear sweet Jodi! Live life with great joy! May you always remember that you are truly a miracle, a gift from God to all of us who know you!!

2 comments:

Randi said...

Here, Here!! Much love to Jodi and praise to God who exceeds our meek expectations!!

Anonymous said...

Carol, this is a beautiful tribute to our "little tiny baby", Jodi Alexander. Speaking from a grandmother's perspective with three adult grandchildren and three younger kids-I am really old.
But that being said, our children and grandchildren have brought us so much love and joy. I am grateful for everyday of my life even if I am old and grey-under the blonde. God is GOOD!! Love, Mimi